Monday, May 5, 2008

A Final Decision

So, I just got off the phone with the VP of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, where I will be spending the summer working as an intern with the Education department. This will involve looking at grant proposals as well as writing them for new proposals that are going out for the projects that they are currently initiating. From the looks of it, I will be focusing on the implementation of new projects related to women's and girl's health, and doing research on collaborative efforts that MHIF is looking to participate in with other local non-profits. I'm really excited about the opportunity to get involved, as I think this will be a good chance to build skills that are helpful to any non-profit work (which I want to go into next year when I graduate), as well as an opportunity to build on the classes I have taken on women and community, which I am deeply interested in. They would like me to start the 2nd or 9th of June, so now it is simply a matter of finding a plane ticket. Yay! Just wanted to let you all know!
--brianna

1 comment:

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

So are both of you living in MN for the summer?