Thursday, May 15, 2008

Almost Done

Well, I have made it through most of finals week relatively unscathed. The only class I have left is International Trade Policy, where I will hand in a paper tomorrow morning as I begin my final exam at 9:00. The paper is almost done, and the studying at least has been started. However, I will be incredibly thankful when the week is over and I can sleep stress-free, without questioning if I emailed in the right version of the paper to the professor before I went to sleep (yes, this actually happened, at 4 am earlier this week, and I needed to check my email as soon as I got up in the morning to make sure that it was the correct draft, which it was).
And, to celebrate being done, and an excuse to get out of Ithaca, Cody and I have decided to spend Saturday and Sunday in Skaneateles, a small town on one of the nearby lakes. I'm looking forward to getting away at least for a little while, and Skaneateles reportedly has a number of good restaurants, so now we just need to decide which ones to visit!
It's less than 2 1/2 weeks until I leave, which seems nuts. Hopefully Cody will find out soon when he can get some vacation time this summer, so he can get a plane ticket to Minnesota. The goal is for sometime in July. I haven't heard any more details on my internship yet, but I am hoping to hear soon. When I have a better idea of the projects I will be working on, I think I will feel better prepared. But, I also realize that some of this may get figured out once I get there.
But for now, I am simply trying to stay motivated until tomorrow and enjoy life in Ithaca for the next couple of weeks, by doing things like visiting the farmer's market before I go, hopefully making it to moosewoods at least once, and taking walks through the gorge.
--brianna

No comments: