Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beginning of the Summer


So, the summer has unofficially begun! I realize that technically the seasons don't change for awhile yet, but the celebrating has started. It began Friday night when I went to a party with some friends to celebrate the end of the semester, and making it through the econ final that morning. It is the first time in my life I have been to a party that the cops came to. It was a little odd to be the first one to be told that the cops were coming (by some people out on the porch), but they were only there because the neighbors were complaining about how loud the music was. It still seemed a little surreal, and somehow typical of the college experience that I did not experience at Bethel.
Cody and I spent Saturday and Sunday in Skaneateles, which was a lot of fun, and a nice chance to relax. It would have been better if the weather had cooperated, but no such luck. We still enjoyed the town though,and the opportunity to check out some new restaurants.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the free time that I have. I spent the day on Monday cleaning-- its amazing how last week every day seemed like there weren't enough hours in the day, and this week I don't know what to do with the time that I have. I'm sure I will adjust, and can't get too bored when I start my new internship. Well, that's about all, it hasn't been too exciting here.
--brianna

No comments: