Monday, January 21, 2008

A New Semester


So, second semester started today. Cornell's not much on respecting national holidays, which is too bad, because I particularly like Martin Luther King Day. Oh well. Cornell has a policy of much freedom with class registration-- I went to three classes today, and decided to drop two of them. So, it will be interesting to see what tomorrow holds. This semester should hopefully be a good mix of classes I need to take (also known as macroeconomics and statistics) and classes I want to take: Community Development Seminar and Ethnicity and Identity Politics. In spite of the cold weather here (I realize that it isn't as bad as MN, but walking from building to building across a large campus that isn't connected internally, on top of a hill where it is really windy), I did walk out to the Moosewoods restaurant on campus (good vegetarian food for those of you who don't know, and its ideal to go without having to force Cody) for some Moroccan stew, and later over to visit him at Starbucks when I had finished classes for the day. It will be interesting to see what the rest of this weeks classes hold-- to see if my schedule stays as it is, or continues to change. The only downside of the current schedule is that I am taking macroeconomics with almost entirely (in a class of 60) college juniors who either a) don't seem to be very mature, or b) are econ majors who intimidate me and my lack of knowledge when it comes to matters of economics.
On a different note, Starbucks is extending their hours this week, so it will be interesting to see what the semester holds for each of us, as it could be very scattered if we end up on opposite schedules!

No comments: