Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Welcome to September

I am a little late on this one, but apparantly summer ended a few days ago. I can't say the Labor Day weekend was terribly exciting. Bri and I did drive up the west side of the lake on Saturday. We decided to stop at Sheldrake Point Winery. We picked up a bottle of their dry Riesling the first week we were out here and it was fairly impressive. They have a nice bistro at the winery, so we stayed for lunch. I am proud/ashamed to say that I ate my first salad in over 3 years and I kind of liked it. I also had an organic bbq pulled chicked sandwich and a flight of red wine. All in all I was really impressed with the food and the wine.
That was pretty much the story of the weekend. Summer just kinda snuck out the door when no one was looking. I guess when you get married and move a 1000 miles, you kinda lose track of how much time is going by. It is also strange to realize that even though I am no longer taking classes or working at Bethel, my life is still directly affected by a new school year. Bri is in the full swing of classes and this quiet, peaceful town has been invaded by a huge number of undergrads who don't really pay attention to where they are walking. I am not kidding, every time I drive Bri to class I nearly hit one of them, it's kind of incredible.
I am still job searching and not coming up with much. I applied for a custodial position at Cornell this week. It was a little odd realizing that I am absurdly overqualified for what they are looking for, but oh well.
Tonight will be spent mini-golfing with the church small group. Hopefully it treats me better than disc. I lost my 2nd to last driver during a round on Saturday night, thus, disc may be going on an extended hiatus till next spring when I have some money to get some new drivers.

No comments: