Friday, July 4, 2008

The Parents Paid a Visit

My long, mundane summer was broken up a bit last week by my parents showing up in town for around 9 days. We hiked, we grilled, we talked theology, I got exhausted. All in all, a good time was had by all. I am not kidding when I say we hiked though, it may surprise those of you who know my parents, but they are some hard-core hikers...at least for 64 year olds. Monday we did Taughannok Falls, Tuesday we drove the middle of the Finger Lakes region, Wednesday we did Treman State Park, Thursday I only worked, Friday was the Ithaca tour, Saturday was Watkins Glen, Sunday was more Ithaca and the Farmers Market. My parents were pretty blown away by the beauty of the area, and agreed that it was one of the best areas they have ever visited. Let that be incentive to any of you who are thinking about visiting us in the next year! To add to the enticement, here are some pictures for your optical enjoyment.




No comments: