Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life after the flu

So, life has continued on, and after many days of sleeping, eating way too much chicken soup, etc. we are finally feeling better. Cody is back at work and I am back in class, working to quickly get myself caught up on everything that I missed (fortunately, I have just about finished everything). While still not completely energetic, we can actually talk to each other now and understand the conversation-- no more straining to make sense of words through coughing fits, etc.
And it's a good thing that I am feeling better and should be caught up by tomorrow, because on Saturday afternoon I am heading down the NYC with some friends! There is a professional development trip for the program I am in, with all day meetings at the UN on Monday, some social networking events, and meetings with potential employers/companies I could get an internship from on Tuesday at the Cornell Club. That's right-- Cornell has a club in the city, which just makes me laugh.
But, for the weekend I am planning on having fun and enjoying the city-- going out to eat and such on Saturday night, and spending Sunday with a good friend of mine from elementary school. I think it should be a good trip, and won't force Cody to go (at least not yet).
So, the plan is to get back to Ithaca late on Tuesday night, spend Wednesday and Thursday in class, and take off Thursday afternoon for Newark, NJ for my Community Development class. We are going to spend Thursday night and Friday meeting with community development groups and the mayor's office to discuss and learn about changes being made in Newark. Fortunately, we will get back on Friday night, which is a good thing-- because it is going to be a very full week. But, I am looking forward to it, and hoping Cody won't get too bored without me! :)
--brianna

1 comment:

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

Glad to hear you're better!

It feels like everyone is really sick... at least here in RI.

Hang in there... have fun on your trip!