Wednesday, November 21, 2007

East Coast E

Thanksgiving break finds Bri and I in CT. After a completely not thrilling drive through mist, fog and annoyingly large amounts of traffic, we arrived in New Haven 6 hours after we left Ithaca. I am thinking that it would be an amazingly beautiful drive on a sunny fall day in early October, so I hold out hope for another chance at it.
We are spending the holiday with Bri's family at her sister's house. This marks my first real experience with the new in-laws on a major holiday. So far, so good. I got a mini tour of Yale today and realized that just because Ithaca and New Haven house Ivy League schools does not mean they are similar towns. It is hard to put into terms the differences of the towns, but they are definitely there. Other high points of the day included the first time I have seen the Atlantic Ocean from something other than an airplane in my life and eating a cheeseburger from the restaurant where the American burger originated in 1895.
We haven't really planned our return yet, but we will probably be here for another couple of days.
Hope you all have a enjoyable and blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: