Thursday, November 20, 2008

Papers, Projects, and Tests Galore

All of my finals are due in the next two-three weeks. I have a stats project (of approximately 20 pages) looking at the power of the United States as compared to other UN security council members based off of their respective GDP's, and military spending, a paper on the United States role in the UN after condoning torture in the War on Terror for International Institutions (worth 55% of my grade, of approximately 20 pages), an economics exam, a paper on the role of immigrants filling lower level hospital positions the way kids coming off of farms had historically in Minneapolis (by looking at how unions organize these groups as well) for Labor and Global Cities (once again, around 20 pages), and a paper looking at how the Geneva Conventions were sidestepped and the effort to extend Presidential powers in condoning torture for Intergovernmental Systems. All of this is due in a one week stretch of time (from the 5th to the 12th of December).
It's times like this that deciding to go to graduate school seems completely insane on the one hand, but I get the opportunity to study subjects that I find fascinating-- and I learn a ton by forcing myself to put all of this information together in a comprehensible kind of way. Plus, it will be helpful for my thesis (well, for the most part), so its kind of like getting two things done at once. It feels insane right now, but I know when the semester is over, I will only have one semester left-- and then I get to graduate. And that will be a good thing.

No comments: