Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Classes have Begun

According to Cody, Starbucks has achieved its usual insanity again, which is a clear sign that the students are back. However, they are now coming in rushes, a good indication that they are on their way to class. I have now attended a number of my classes, which for the most part seem pretty good. One class hasn't happened yet, the prof decided to cancel our first day of class in honor of labor day. So, I went to three classes yesterday, all of which seemed good. My major question at this point is about the class I visited today. In theory, it seems like a good class-- International Institutions, looking at the UN, WTO, IMF, etc. The problem seems to be multipart. First, it meets from 11:30-2:00 on Tuesdays, which makes lunch difficult, particularly considering that we meet in a conference room off of one of the libraries, where no food is allowed. The prof knows her stuff, but I had a difficult time following her today, as she was basing her lecture off of hand-written notes, with no indication to the rest of us what was coming next. It was a little much for two hours on the first day. And, I have a three-hour long class on Monday nights that ends at 10 pm, so doing that twice in a row seems like it could be tough to do twice in a row. So, we'll see. I think I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon doing homework and checking out other options. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to skim a course catalog, as Cornell's course catalog is the size of the Minneapolis phone book. But overall, its been a good start.

No comments: