Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beginning to Look at Life After Graduation

My graduation isn't that terribly far away. While I still have to make it through the year, I can start applying for jobs now. In fact, it is highly recommended that I do start applying for jobs now, which in some ways seems completely crazy. I have started a list of organizations that I want to check on, to see if they have any open positions, what they are, where they are, etc. It's a bit difficult though, because I know that the organizations I am most interested in working for are not organizations that Cornell will direct me toward. The excellent part of Cornell is that there are so many great companies, non-profits, government agencies that are interested in it's graduates. But I know that I am not exactly the typical Cornell student. They are primarily based out of NYC, and I have a difficult time picturing Cody and I there. So, I am working to figure out how to find the right job for me, without having to leave all of the leg work to me, and seeing what Cornell's connections can do. It seems like a bit of a balancing act. We will see what happens. Cody and I aren't planning on going back to Minneapolis (not that we're avoiding it, but it is one of many options). It's exciting to have choices, and a little scary. But hopefully it should be good.

No comments: