Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring break


So, I'm on spring break this week, although it seems like it just started after working all weekend. It's nice to have a week off to relax and get caught up again. Spring break is definitely a different mindset here than it was back at Bethel. It all started with Dragon Day the Friday before spring break-- a huge parade through campus of a massive dragon the architecture students built, with the rest of the students in the department parading around in risque or questionable costumes. When the dragon has made it all the way though campus, the dragon is lit on fire in the arts quad (the picture is of the arts quad last fall). (If you want to know more, or see pics, just look up dragon day on wikipedia-- it explains the whole tradition.) With the drunkenness and the craziness, it made me realize that while it was kind of funny, it was weird too. It reaffirmed that spring break is nuts out here, and I am totally ok with avoiding the insanity as much as humanly possible.
I'm still working on the internship front-- looking at internships in NYC, Connecticut, Tennessee, Minneapolis, etc. I'm realizing more and more how important connections are to getting your foot in the door-- whether it be for a job, or an internship. I will admit that at times I find this frustrating, but its probably something I just need to accept. Even now though, I am thinking of where we are going to be living after I graduate next May-- of looking for a job wherever that may be, just to be prepared. It makes me realize that maybe I am more of an adult than I want to admit.
Hopefully, the rest of the week will be a good combination of relaxation and work, productive and fun too. I'm definitely looking forward to Easter though, and seeing Cody play in the worship service. I hope you all have a good Easter!

No comments: